CANCELLATION BY YOU –
CANCELLATION WITHIN THE COOLING OFF PERIOD
If you choose to cancel your booking with us, you have 14 calendar days after receiving the original Accommodation Offer to do so and get a full refund of the Holding Deposit paid.
If you have made your booking less than 14 days before your scheduled check-in date, you may cancel your booking until the earlier of (a) 14 days after receipt of the Accommodation Offer email
and (b) the Tenancy Start date on your Tenancy Agreement.
You may cancel your booking by sending an email to the relevant Accommodation Office email address. We will refund your Holding Deposit within 7 calendar days of cancellation. If you cancel your booking after the cooling off period has expired, you will not get your
Holding Deposit returned to you and you, and your guarantor if reasonable, will be required to meet the obligations set out within the Tenancy Agreement.
PERIOD BEFORE YOU ENTER INTO YOUR TENANCY AGREEMENT
The Landlord and CRM Students reserve the right to not return your Holding Deposit and cancel your booking on notice if:
1. We take all reasonable steps to enter into the Tenancy Agreement before the deadline and you fail to do so, for example, if you fail to complete your application or provide guarantor details and supporting documentation in good time;
2. You provide us with relevant false or misleading information; and/or
3. We are prohibited from entering to the Tenancy Agreement because of the Immigration Act 2014.
PERIOD FROM AND INCLUDING WHEN YOU HAVE ENTERED INTO THE TENANCY AGREEMENT
If you have entered into the Tenancy Agreement and you cancel your booking after the cooling off period has expired,we will release you from the contract up to and including 23rd August 2022 where you meet the following criteria and can provide sufficient evidence:
If you are a first year prospective undergraduate student and your offer of a place at your preferred University/Higher Education institution is withdrawn because of you not achieving the required entry grades or you have surpassed your required entry grades and choose to go to a different University.
To meet the criteria, you will need:
1. To provide awritten rejection letter from your chosen university/higher education institute within 72 hours of your exam results being published
2. To provide a copy of the acceptance letter from your new university.
Where proof is provided in accordance with these terms and conditions and to our and the landlords reasonable satisfaction, you will be entitled to cancel the booking and you will not be liable for the contractual obligations laid out in the Tenancy Agreement from the date of cancellation.
If you cancel your booking and can find an eligible replacement tenant, subject to our agreement, you will be released from the contractual obligations as set out in the Tenancy Agreement.
Any overpaid rent will be refunded to you, less an amount equal to your Holding Deposit as a cancellation fee. The site team will confirm your official release date.