No International Travel? That’s Cool.
The Australian Government is continuing to work on plans for international students from countries with low COVID-19 cases to enter Australia as part of a phased ‘green’ corridor approach.
While the COVID-19 travel bans do remain in place, we completely understand that that students who are currently residing overseas* will have concerns about booking their accommodation for the remainder of 2020 and start of 2021.
To help offshore international students push ahead with their plans to come and study in Australia, and secure a cool place to live at Iglu in Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney, ourNo Traveloffer allows them to:
- book one of our standard contract start dates
- defer their contract start date up until four weeks after travel restrictions between their home country and Australia are lifted.
Students must advise Iglu of their deferral request in writing prior to their contract start date otherwise they may be liable for rental from the original contract start date. Students may be requested to provide evidence of their travel arrangements.
CANCELLATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE NO TRAVEL OFFER
While the travel ban is still in place:
- Students may cancel their Agreement without an early cancellation fee if they notify Iglu in writing prior to their original contract start date.
- Where an Agreement has commenced, students may cancel their Agreement with an early cancellation fee equivalent to 1 week’s rent. Iglu will not refund any rental paid from their Agreement start date to the date the student informs Iglu of their cancellation in writing.
When the travel ban is lifted (may differ by region):
- the contract start date last confirmed between Iglu and the student will apply, and the student will be bound by the terms of their residential tenancy agreement.
* NOTE:This offer is available for students who are residing overseas at the time of booking.