No travel for Semester 2? That’s cool.
As part of its COVIDSafe Roadmap, the Australian Government is working on plans to allow international students from countries with low COVID-19 cases to enter Australia as part of a phased ‘green’ corridor approach.
While specific dates are yet to be announced, it is a positive sign that students will be able to return to Australia sooner rather later. However, with COVID-19 travel bans still in place, it is understandable that offshore students will have concerns about booking their accommodation for Semester 2.
To help them push ahead with their plans and secure a place at Iglu, with our No Travel offer they can:
- book one of our standard Semester 2 contract start dates
- defer their contract start date up until four weeks after travel restrictions between their home country and Australia are lifted.
Students must advise Iglu of their deferral request in writing prior to their contract start date otherwise they may be liable for rental from the original contract start date. Students may be requested to provide evidence of their travel arrangements.
CANCELLATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE NO TRAVEL OFFER
While the travel ban is still in place:
- Students may cancel their Agreement without an early cancellation fee if they notify Iglu in writing prior to their original contract start date.
- Where an Agreement has commenced, students may cancel their Agreement with an early cancellation fee equivalent to 1 week’s rent. Iglu will not refund any rental paid from their Agreement start date to the date the student informs Iglu of their cancellation in writing.
When the travel ban is lifted (may differ by region):
- the contract start date last confirmed between Iglu and the student will apply, and the student will be bound by the terms of their residential tenancy agreement.