NO TRAVEL OFFER for Semester 2 Bookings
With an Australian Government COVID-19 travel ban in place until further notice, we understand students may have concerns about booking for Semester 2.
To ensure offshore students can push ahead with their plans and secure a place at Iglu, they can:
- book one of our standard Semester 2 contract start dates
- defer their contract start date* up until 1 September 2020 if the Australian Government COVID-19 travel ban is still in place after 1 July 2020. The request must be made prior to the contract start date otherwise the student may be liable for rental from the original contract start date.
If the travel ban is lifted before 1 July 2020, the original contract start date
applies and the student will be bound by the terms of their residential tenancy
CANCELLATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE NO TRAVEL OFFER
While the travel ban is still in place:
- Students may cancel their Agreement without an early cancellation fee if they notify Iglu in writing prior to their original contract start date.
- If the student elects to defer their Agreement’s contract start date under Iglu’s NO TRAVEL OFFER and subsequently requests to cancel their Agreement, they will incur an early cancellation fee equivalent to 1 week’s rent.
- Where an Agreement has commenced, students may cancel their Agreement with an early cancellation fee equivalent to 1 week’s rent. Iglu will not refund any rental paid from their Agreement start date to the date the student informs Iglu of their cancellation in writing.
* Requests received before 15 July 2020 will not incur a deferral fee. Requests received after 15 July 2020, will incur a deferral fee equal to one weeks’ rent.